Sweet potatoes, ginger and orange are about the perfect combination of flavors. They come together beautifully in this super fast and easy side dish/pie filling.
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
the juice of three oranges
1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- To the Instant pot, add the orange juice, fresh ginger and ginger powder. Stir.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot, close and lock the lid, and then click the Bean/Chili setting.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to cook. When they are finished, carefully release the steam by turning the pressure valve towards you. Exercise caution when doing this because the steam will be very hot.
- Using a hand mixer, immersion blender, or a potato masher and whisk, mash and whip the sweet potatoes until they are fluffy and without lumps.
- To serve, top with a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.