This not-too-sweet pancake is light and airy and filled with coconut flavor. You won’t miss the syrup, but you might miss the rum.
2 tablespoons coconut butter
1 cup semolina flour
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
two teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4-6 pineapple rings, packed in juice
1/2 cup maraschino cherries
1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a pie tin with parchment paper. Arrange pineapple rings and cherries at the bottom of the pan.
- Using a high-speed blender, mix together the semolina, coconut milk, baking power, baking soda, pineapple juice, and coconut butter until it is just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and cherries. Some of the cherries will float to the top.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To plate, flip the pancake onto a serving platter.