Air-fried sliced potatoes form the basis of these Mediterranean nachos. They’re topped with seasoned jackfruit, eggplant queso that is accented with fresh tomatoes, basil and garlic, and a fresh fava bean puree. A sprinkling of thyme makes for a pretty plate.
5 small russet potatoes
1 small eggplant
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 can jackfruit in brine
1 head garlic, minced
the juice of 2 lemons
1 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
8 basil leaves, minced
3/4 cup fava beans
2 tablespoons tahini
1 small avocado
salt and pepper
- Eggplant Queso: Boil six cups of water. Peel and cube the eggplant and one potato. Boil the eggplant and potatoes until soft, approximately 30 minutes. Allow them to cool. Remove the seeds from the eggplant. Using a high-speed blender, blend the eggplant, potatoes and dry mustard until smooth, thinning with 3/4 cup water and the juice of one lemon. Pour into a bowl and add the tomatoes, 3 cloves of the garlic, the tahini, 3/4 of the basil, and 1/2 the thyme. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Potatoes: Slice the remaining potatoes into 1 inch rounds. Line the bottom of the air fryer with parchment paper and cook on the highest setting for 20 minutes, flipping and rotating once.
- Jackruit: Heat a saute pan till hot. Add the jackfruit, the juice of one lemon and oregano. Deglaze the pan with a tablespoon at a time of the brine. Cook the jackfruit until it starts to caramelize.
- Guacamole: Using a high-speed blender, puree the fava beans, avocado, and the juice of one lemon until smooth. Thin with 1/2 cup water. Place in a bowl and add 2 cloves minced garlic and half the thyme.
- Assembly: Place 1/4 the air fried potatoes on a plate and top with the queso, guacamole, and jackfruit. Sprinkle with the remaining thyme.