Flavorful, herb-infused marinade helps to caramelize chunks of fresh veggies cooked kebab-style. Here, I am using summer squash, tomatoes, and a few cauliflower florets. It is important that the vegetables you choose be ripe, but not too soft so they do not fall off the skewers.
1 small onion, quartered
the juice of 2 whole lemons
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 bunch fresh dill
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 green summer squash, split lengthwise and then sliced
6 whole roma tomatoes, cut in half
6 cauliflower florets
- Using a high-speed blender, puree the dill, onion, garlic, lemon, chili flakes, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Put the squash, tomatoes, and cauliflower in a bowl and pour the marinade over them. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking tray with a silicone mat.
- Thread the vegetables onto kebab skewers and place on the mat. Reserve any leftover marinade. Bake for 15 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with any leftover marinade.