I wanted to buy a jar of coconut butter. It was $15.64. I thought “I’ll make my own damn coconut butter”. I went on a search for a recipe that didn’t involve additional oil. This is what happened…
1 cup desiccated coconut
High-speed blender or a food processor
- Place the coconut in the blender. Blend on the highest speed for one full cycle.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender, the corners, and anywhere that the coconut has clumped with the spatula.
- Blend again on the highest speed for a full cycle, repeating the scraping process.
- Continue blending until everything is incorporated, stopping to scrape down the blender between cycles, and allowing it to rest if it heats up.
- The end product should be smooth, like natural peanut butter that has not be refrigerated.
- Store in the refrigerator to harden, and remove 10 minutes before serving, or using in other recipes.