This pancake is oil-free, sugar-free, wheat gluten-free, and packed with fiber, thanks to ground oat groats and chickpeas. A ripe banana adds a bit of sweetness and flavor. For this recipe, I’ve lined a pie tin with parchment paper. Alternately, you can use a non-stick tin.
1/2 cup whole oat groats
1 tablespoon whole dried chickpeas (or an equivalent amount of chickpea flour)
1 cup unsweetened nut milk
2 small very ripe bananas
2 packets stevia
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a pie tin with parchment paper.
- Using a high-speed blender, grind the groats and chickpeas until they are a fine flour.
- Add the almond milk, stevia, salt (if using), and one of the bananas in 3 or more pieces.
- Blend until a smooth batter forms, and the banana is fully pureed.
- Pour the pancake batter into the tin. Slice the second banana and place it over the top.
- Bake the pancake for 25 minutes, or until the center is firm (it will be somewhat soft). If you find that the top of your pancake is cooking faster than the center, flip the pancake onto a baking sheet, and continue to bake until it is done.
- To serve: Place the pancake on dinner plate. You can top it with your favorite toppings, for example, fresh fruit, maple syrup, or whipped coconut cream.